Remove 2004 Remove Community Remove Finance Remove Founder
article thumbnail

Ted Rheingold Founded Dogster in 2004: Five Questions About Building a Startup, Selling a Startup and Whether SF Is Still a Good Place

Hunter Walker

Hunter Walk: I know you started Dogster, one of the seminal early online communities, but I don’t know Dogster’s founding story. Dogster launched January 12, 2004 (Happy 12th Birthday Dogster!) How do founders think about whether it’s time to move on or not? Photo Credit: Christopher Michel.

article thumbnail

Rally Software Acquired By CA Technologies for $480 Million

Feld Thoughts

For example, from a post in 2008 about Rally’s $16.85m financing , I riffed on the origins of the company. About a year after he got started, he was ready to raise a venture financing. Ryan was encouraged to team up with Tim and shortly after that happened we co-led the first round VC financing with Boulder Ventures.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Playing the Long Game in Venture Capital

Both Sides of the Table

The culture is driven by the 20-something irreverent founder with huge technical chops who in a “David vs. Goliath” mythology take on the titans of industry and wins. But markets have changed and I think investors, founders and experienced executives who want to join later-stage startups can all benefit from playing the long game.

article thumbnail

The True Costs Of Entrepreneurship

YoungUpstarts

by Donovan Janus, founder of 17hats. The question is, how can you balance your books when your whole life is on the line, not just your finances? No, talking on the phone isn’t ‘social’; no, emailing witty messages to your client crush won’t give you real community; no, I don’t care how important you are on reddit or Instagram.

Cost 100
article thumbnail

In Silicon Valley, Founders Fight for Control

online.wsj.com

Create a profile for me in the Journal Community. Journal Community. Loading… Personal Finance. Personal Finance. One of its champions includes Jason Goldberg, the co-founder and CEO of online design retailer Fab.com Inc., Why Register? Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions. Personalize your own news page.

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

In 2004 / 2005 I was starting to get intrigued with user-generated content. I do something I now call community hours. And so that is a steady import of talent but even more interestingly what it really did is it re-energized the entrepreneurial community.”. Venture Capital in Boulder and other smaller communities. “So

article thumbnail

Convertible Equity, A Better Alternative To Convertible Debt?

techcrunch.com

From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. As a refresher, a convertible note is a loan that automatically converts into equity upon the closing of a Series A round of financing. She graduated from Columbia University in 2003, where she was.

Equity 87