Remove 2005 Remove Community Remove Software Review Remove Technical Review
article thumbnail

Save Money With Tech Tax Incentives

YoungUpstarts

Case in point: your company’s technology. From Internet connectivity to mobile devices, tech systems can represent a boon for your business’s tax filings. When one thinks of technology, we often conjure thoughts of electronics that fill a building, not the building itself. Community-specific tax deals.

article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

My initial desire to blog came from something that’s always been my approach to investing – I’m a nerd and I love to play with the technology and part of my approach has really been to understand things both at a user level and at a reasonably deep tentacle level. In 2004 / 2005 I was starting to get intrigued with user-generated content.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Want to Work for a Startup? 10 Questions to Ask Your Interviewer

mashable.com

Proceed — if at all — with extreme due diligence and caution. For example, if the startup says it plans to launch two new tech features for its product and youre applying to be an engineer, youll likely have a great first three months. Founded in 2005, Mashable is headquartered in New York City with an office in San Francisco.

article thumbnail

A Few Key People Really Can Make a Huge Difference

Both Sides of the Table

Seattle should be the envy of any non Silicon Valley tech community in the country. It really wouldn’t take much to turn a great technology ecosystem into a truly electric one. My recipe for Seattle or your community: 1. Community Leaders + Organizers. It takes both to build a community.

Seattle 317
article thumbnail

It’s Morning in Venture Capital

Both Sides of the Table

I have been close to the tech & startup sectors for more than 20 years and I can’t think of a period in which I felt more optimistic about the innovation and value creation I see in front of us. If you want to understand the details of why this is, I covered it in detail in this post, Understanding Changes in the Software Industry.

article thumbnail

Attracting a CTO to your startup

www.thisisgoingtobebig.com

Blog Tumblr About Me NYC Events Meet with Me NYC Community Blog Tumblr About Me NYC Events Meet with Me NYC Community Top Blog Tumblr About Me NYC Events Meet with Me NYC Community Search Chat Links LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Flickr Last.fm

article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

17, on “How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology”. The first panel will focus on public markets and will discuss the use and effectiveness of social media tools and data mining technologies in harnessing the wisdom of crowds to generate investment ideas.