Remove Aggregator Remove Community Remove Management Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

Almost every private equity and venture capital investor now advertises that they have a platform to support their portfolio companies. VC Platform community has grown approximately 120% in the last 3 years. aggregates resources from all the VCs. The popularity of the model can be judged by the fact that the U.S.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund and mutual fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. Advances in machine learning, specifically natural language processing, have made generating these baseline, aggregate datasets possible, at scale, with high accuracy.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

We have lower AUM, therefore lower management fees. At HOF Capital, we support our companies through 7 main levers (i.e., the “TOPSCAN” framework from my research study on value creation by VCs ): T eam-Building – We aggregate openings across our portfolio on our jobs page. Ethics Policy, Expenses policy).

article thumbnail

China Startups – The Gold Rush and Fire Extinguishers (Part 5 of 5)

Steve Blank

And they were increasing at an aggregate 33 million IOS and Android activations per month. While I didn’t get much time with the academic community, in talking to students, education seems to still be one of China’s bottlenecks – rote lectures, passive learning, follow the process, exam-based performance, etc. Management 101.

China 324
article thumbnail

China Startups – The Gold Rush and Fire Extinguishers (Part 5 of 5)

Steve Blank

And they were increasing at an aggregate 33 million IOS and Android activations per month. While I didn’t get much time with the academic community, in talking to students, education seems to still be one of China’s bottlenecks – rote lectures, passive learning, follow the process, exam-based performance, etc. Management 101.

China 216
article thumbnail

100 Startups Join Forces with Air Force Stakeholders at Inaugural Spark Collider Event

Austin Startup

On August 14–15, the Air Force, through AFWERX , hosted a two-day Spark Collider event at Capital Factory to bring newly awarded 19.2 SBIR Phase I companies together with relevant Air Force and venture capital stakeholders. The more successful Jeff became, the more assistance he needed to organize his day-to-day schedule.

SBIR 48
article thumbnail

What Future for Accelerators?

Both Sides of the Table

and I thought if we brought the community together for common purpose we could create more of a sense of community to help new entrepreneurs get funded, assemble teams, raise profiles and help with biz dev, product, etc. And Jim & I went on to raise several more venture capital funds in our day jobs. And Jamie hers.