Remove Angel Investor Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove Lean
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs Need to Find the Best ‘Curators’

Startup Professionals Musings

Every entrepreneur is flooded with information from all directions, but despite their best efforts to absorb it, they likely miss the information really needed to start a business. and books for entrepreneurs like “Think and Grow Rich.” These are both experienced entrepreneurs and angel investors.

Curation 230
article thumbnail

10 Ways To Win In 2014: An Entrepreneurs’ Guide To A Successful Startup

YoungUpstarts

2014 will be a formative year for new business owners and early-stage entrepreneurs. For those would-be entrepreneurs debating the startup leap? Continuing into 2014, there will likely be a shift in the role of the investor into a more hands-on player in businesses. by Melissa Thompson, CEO of TalkSession. Don’t fear Goliath.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Best Ways to Save Money as a New Startup

ReadWriteStart

Even if you have an angel investor or a venture capital (VC) firm backing you, you’ll have an abundance of expenses, limited income, and a finite amount of time before the money completely runs out. So what are the best ways to stay on the lean-side of things? Barter With Other Entrepreneurs. Minimize the Team.

Startup 106
article thumbnail

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Boston Tech Community (Fall 2013 Edition)

Rob Go

There is a wealth of resources that are unique to this town and a vibrant community of hackers, product designers, business people, and investors at various stages in their career. Mobile Mondays : Boston chapter of the world’s largest Mobile professional community. Babson Entrepreneur Resource Center. The Grand-daddy.

Boston 71
article thumbnail

US Economic Risks (Sept 2010): Impact on Investors & Entrepreneurs

Both Sides of the Table

My advice to entrepreneurs was and is “ when the hors d’oeuvres tray is being passed take two ” (e.g. So I agreed to offer my current thinking on the economy and what it portends for the VC industry & fund raising for entrepreneurs. Either won’t bode well for angels if they’re also hurting on non tech investments.

article thumbnail

Venture Capital Funding and the Sexism You Can’t Quite Prove

Up and Running

Being an outsider, I also wanted to lean heavily on the actual research available on the subject, as well as the voices of women both in the tech space and who have successfully received venture funding. As an early-stage entrepreneur competing against a vast sea of startups seeking seed funding, first impressions matter a lot.”.

article thumbnail

Bigger in Bend – Building a Regional Startup Cluster–part 1 of 3

Steve Blank

When Customer Development and the Lean Startup were just a sketch on the napkin, Dino Vendetti, a VC at Bay Partners, was one of the first venture capitalists I shared my ideas with. Over the years we brainstormed about how Lean entrepreneurship would affect regional development. Part 1: Bend, Oregon Ecosystem and Entrepreneurs.