Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove France Remove Product
article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

So at the end of ’94 I moved to France, because I wanted to learn Spanish. I had someone willing to offer me a job in France. I lived in the south of France in Antibes and in Cannes. So I went from San Diego to LA to Miami to the south of France. So I went from San Diego to LA to Miami to the south of France.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

Common B2B Challenges and How To Solve Them

ConversionXL

Last September (2020), six months after the 1st lockdown, my co-founder Vladimir Blagojevic and I decided to run market research to figure out what challenges B2B companies face and how they solve them. To do this we partnered with the RevGenius community to get a better understanding the challenges mature companies faced.

B2B 150
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Transformify: The Sustainable Platform for Remote Jobs

Transformify

Traveling around the world, I met startup founders, forex traders, marketers, online shop owners, travel bloggers, Instagram influencers and digital business entrepreneurs of all kinds. It was a growing community of people who enjoyed their digital nomad lifestyle. Small cafes, family-owned restaurants and artisan shops flourish.

article thumbnail

This Week in VC with Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners

Both Sides of the Table

But truthfully both Dana and I are more aligned with the lean startup principles and believe you only go FAT when you’ve really proved out your product / market fit. The “private sale” market phenomenon was started in France by Vente-Privee (literally means “private sale”) and was replicated in Germany by BrandsforFriends.

Partner 240
article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Product development leverage

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Sunday, April 26, 2009 Product development leverage Leverage has once again become a dirty word in the world of finance, and rightly so. But I want to talk about a different kind of leverage, the kind that you can get in product development. We didnt think wed able to compete with that. Yeah, weve got that.

article thumbnail

A real Customer Advisory Board

Startup Lessons Learned

Many companies seek to involve customers directly in the creation of their products. The key to successful integration of customer feedback is to make each kind of collection part of the regular company discipline of building and releasing products. Passionate online communities are real societies. It was absolutely worth it.

article thumbnail

Building a new startup hub

Startup Lessons Learned

Ive written a little bit about the origins of Silicon Valley because I think its important for us to understand how we got here in order to make sure we preserve what is best about our community. The companies I spoke to all agreed that the community there was extremely supportive, especially in the critical ulta-early-stage.