Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Operations Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

Managers of VC funds typically want to grow their business aggressively, just like the founders we back. But, we normally have a clear ceiling on how high we can grow AUM, before hitting practical limits to deploying capital within the traditional VC model. . – Provide hands-on operational support for portfolio companies.

article thumbnail

ESG in Venture Capital: Interview with Blue Future Partners (VC Fund of Funds)

David Teten

Blue Future Partners, a venture capital fund of funds, recently interviewed me on ESG in venture capital. In its first full year of operation, VCAP attracted 159 applicants. Clients typically use it to create and strengthen local community initiatives: bake sales, barbeques, political organizing, etc. .

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Venture Capital Funding and the Sexism You Can’t Quite Prove

Up and Running

At the outset, it is worth noting that when it comes to the world of venture funding, I am a bit of an outsider. Until a handful of years ago, I didn’t even know what venture capital was, let alone anything about the complicated process of actually acquiring VC funding. I don’t know how it operates behind closed doors.

article thumbnail

Excerpt from "Do More Faster" - Avoid Co-Founder Conflict by Dharmesh Shah

ReadWriteStart

Do More Faster: TechStars Lessons to Accelerate Your Startup is the new book by David Cohen , founder and CEO of TechStars, and Brad Feld , managing director of Foundry Group. Below is his chapter, Avoid Co-Founder Conflict. A perennial favorite is to decide that each founder should own an equal share. For what reasons?

Cofounder 128
article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

I saw “ portfolio operations ,” i.e., levers to enhance the operations efficacy of portfolio companies, become a standard part of the private equity toolkit. Similarly, firms like my alma mater ff Venture Capital and Andreessen Horowitz have executed this strategy in VC. – Incubating companies.

article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

I saw “ portfolio operations ,” i.e., levers to enhance the operations efficacy of portfolio companies, become a standard part of the private equity toolkit. Similarly, firms like my alma mater ff Venture Capital and Andreessen Horowitz have executed this strategy in VC. – Incubating companies.

article thumbnail

Corporate Venture Capital: Obligatory or Oxymoron?

David Teten

She had so much insight to share that we broke the interview into two parts, 1) Corporate Venture Capital and more broadly, 2) How the Fortune 500 Can Buy, Invest and Partner with the Innovation Economy (coming soon). . Previously she was Co-Founder and CEO of SNAZZ, a cloud-based event management platform.