Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Technical Review Remove Technology
article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

When I met my now-wife, I realized that any technology that can find me a spouse is a killer app. I’d argue that the same type of technologies that have revolutionized dating can revolutionize our industry. . I walk through below how progressive investors are using technology and analytics throughout all of their operations.

article thumbnail

[Review] Startup Communities

YoungUpstarts

“We need to be like Silicon Valley,” we hear many a startup community organizer around the world intone. After all, Silicon Valley been held up as a shining example as a hotbed for startups and many clamor to copy its success in positioning themselves as a similar scene for innovation and technological entrepreneurship.

Community 174
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

We’re Hiring a Platform and Operations Associate at NextView

View from Seed

We are looking to bring on board a versatile new team member to support the varied internal operations of the firm as well as collaborate with the partners on our external programs and communications with the broader entrepreneurial community. You are actively engaged in the NYC or Boston tech ecosystem. A Final Note.

article thumbnail

Founders Interview: Atlas Group London – ConstructionTech Transforming Healthcare

The Startup Magazine

As part of The Startup Magazine Founder Interview Series , we interviewed Maha and David Harper, wife and husband co-founders of Atlas Group London, a construction-tech startup that has digitized the building of healthcare facilities. TSM: With a bit more detail, what does your company do?

article thumbnail

Things To Expect As A Woman Founder When Starting A Tech-Based Company

YoungUpstarts

by Saumya Bhatnagar, CTO and Co-founder of InvolveSoft. Venturing out into the startup world can be a big task for anyone, but women have to face a myriad of acceptance issues not just from society but also the business community. A report reveals, 2% of working women leave the workforce due to this reason.

article thumbnail

Free money for your impact tech startup

David Teten

You’ve decided to launch a technology-enabled startup with a positive social impact! Now the bad news: some venture capitallists have a bias against startups with an explicit positive social impact, on the grounds that they have a smaller addressable market, and that the founders are not sufficiently focused on creating shareholder wealth.

article thumbnail

5 Outrageously Innovative Israeli Startups to Watch in 2020

ReadWriteStart

Silicon Valley gets significant attention for its role in producing tech startups that often go on to see massive, international success. In the past decade, hundreds of interesting, innovative tech companies have emerged in and around Israel—and they’re worth learning from.