article thumbnail

How VCs, Accelerators, and Coworking Spaces Put Communities in Buildings vs. Buildings in Communities

This is going to be BIG.

I'll bet you don't know where the Center of NY's Tech Community and Center of Creativity is. In fact, it is "well-known internationally as the original home of New York's technology community.". Sun's space was for it's customer assistance unit and Cornell just had a demo space patched into a supercomputer back on campus.

Community 124
article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

Yeah, that was when I changed for me…” “…there was so much positive feedback on demystifying this one element of venture capital. And I would rather, even before the executive summary, have something to play with (a demo)…” It falls in the category of show don’t tell. Brad’s start in Venture Capital. was starting.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why are Revenue-Based VCs investing in so many women & underrepresented founders?

David Teten

I’ve been a traditional equity VC for 8 years, and I’m now researching new business models in venture capital. I have been impressed by how these venture capitalists are accomplishing a major social impact goal…without even trying to. I contacted every RBI venture capital investor I could identify, and learned: .

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford – Weeks 8 and 9

Steve Blank

Understanding the left-side of the mission model canvas ( activities, resources , partners , and costs) forces all teams to ask, “Are we building a product for a DOD/IC customer only or do we have a “dual-use” product that could be sold commercially and get funded by venture capital?”. Demo of final MVP. Pivot stories.

article thumbnail

Developers of NYC Startup Tour to Visit ff Venture Capital

David Teten

After work on April 18, thirty-five curious developers will visit the ff Venture Capital offices to learn about our fund and listen to technical talks by the founders and technical experts of Parsely and Movable Ink. Anthony Calenda, CEO of SquareSpace, gave the second-ever private demo of the new 6.0

article thumbnail

Flashpoint NYC Demo Day 2016, May 3

David Teten

I hope you’ll join me next week at Flashpoint NYC’s Demo Day 2016. The Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech), ff Venture Capital , the HBS Alumni Angels of New York , and Alpha Venture Partners , are co-sponsoring their 6th New York City Demo Day, next Tuesday, May 3, 2016, from 10 to 12 AM.

Georgia 60
article thumbnail

How early should you connect to a VC? Here's some data.

This is going to be BIG.

It also seems to reinforce a lot of the activities in the community that connect me to interesting non-founders. So if you don''t see me at a pitch event or a demo day, it''s probably because I''m meeting up with someone from the future. Venture Capital & Technology'