article thumbnail

5 Steps To Finding The Best Investor For Your Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

Struggling entrepreneurs are often so happy to get a funding offer that they neglect the recommended reverse due diligence on the investors. Taking on equity investors to fund your company is much like getting married – it is a long-term relationship that has to work at all levels. It’s no fun for either side.

article thumbnail

Texas Gets A New Tech Equity Program

Austin Startup

By: Kasheef Wyzard and Michelle Ferguson Image: Dream Corps TECH Black Engineer Educators Let’s face it?—?we Big Tech has shattered boundaries and made the previously impossible a new reality?—?but To date, Dream Corps TECH has placed 75 students, including partnerships with multiple Fortune 50 companies!

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 Keys To Vetting Investors Before You Accept Funding

Startup Professionals Musings

Struggling entrepreneurs are often so happy to get a funding offer that they neglect the recommended reverse due diligence on the investors. Taking on equity investors to fund your company is much like getting married – it is a long-term relationship that has to work at all levels. It’s no fun for either side.

article thumbnail

From apathy to action: Transforming volunteer boards through tech empowerment

Board Effect

Enter technology and board development — the secret weapons for enhancing board engagement. It also builds the skills they need to be effective decision-makers, including the best ways to communicate and create consensus. An engaged nonprofit board is like the wind in the sails of your nonprofit. Engagement doesn’t happen by accident.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. . When I met my now-wife, I realized that any technology that can find me a spouse is a killer app. To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. .

article thumbnail

7 Steps to Driving Impact in Community Banking

Board Effect

As businesses that often support underserved communities, community banks can be instrumental in creating long-term positive changes for individuals and businesses. In recent years, economic disruptions and technological advancements were already challenging community bank boards when COVID-19 emerged.

article thumbnail

Early Stage Advisor Equity Grants

Eric Friedman

I have been thinking about early stage equity and advisor grants for some time, including a post in 2016 , that I rely on and wanted to revisit. I have had a few founder friends reach out to me asking about how much equity to give to an advisor, and had some operators reach out asking how to become an advisor for an early stage founder.