article thumbnail

Leaving Government for the Private Sector – Part 2

Steve Blank

Often companies will put you on their advisory board just to use your name and image (and not really want your advice). I didn’t want to have to sell back into the intelligence community, because I didn’t want to leverage my contacts so tactically, but plenty of people do it (and we need good people to do it. Where should you go?

article thumbnail

Female Founder Interview – Olga Camargo Leads Latinas Fintech Advisory

The Startup Magazine

She launched her financial practice, FARO Associates LLC (Latina/woman-owned/Minority Business Enterprise), and new fintech project, SHENIX, on her culturally-relevant financial services research and community needs. Negocios Now named Olga among Chicago’s Most Influential 50 Latinos. My own experience.

Founder 147
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business

Duct Tape Marketing

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. He is a community and collaboration strategy consultant, advisor and speaker. That’s the first time I’ve seen that name, actually. No, my real name is Jonathan. My stage name is Jono.

article thumbnail

Using Your Business To Give Back To Your Community

YoungUpstarts

One of the great things about running a business is that it allows you to give back to your community in so many different ways. If you’re running your own business, you may be wondering how you can use it to give back to your community. An easy way to give back to your community through your business is by hiring locally.

Community 147
article thumbnail

Demystifying the Various Tax Exemptions: 501(c)(3) vs. 501(c)(4)

Board Effect

They include: Directors, officers, and individuals may be paid a salary from their work, but they can’t use nonprofit funds to benefit them in any other way. Community associations that were formed to improve public services, housing, and residential parking. Community associations that publish a free community newspaper.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Share Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Ginger Jones saw a way she could help her community and the world as a whole, so she started a business called Jones Therapy Services. Thanks to Mark Lindquist, Community Phone ! #13- 15- To make money on my terms Photo Credit: Shantell Young My name is Shantell Young. Thanks to Aaron Barsalou, PsyclarityHealth ! #15-

article thumbnail

How To Maximize A Limited Labor Budget With Gig Work

YoungUpstarts

Gig hiring allows you to no longer be tied to justifying full-time salary and benefits for a specialized job that you need for only 100 hours per year. But gig work is in fact a return to an old labor model in which individuals sought out jobs on the basis of how their skills contributed to the community.

San Diego 157