Remove 1999 Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove Internet
article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

There was a lot of consumer internet activity again…resurgence of things, but it was still mysterious, venture capital was still kind of closed, 1st time entrepreneurs had a lot of questions that were unanswered, and there was still some sort of hand waiving around all the financing stuff and so we took it on….”. was starting.

article thumbnail

Think you’ve got a strategy to enter the Chinese market? Think twice

The Next Web

Yu Yongfu is the chairman and CEO of UCWeb , whose mission is to provide a better mobile Internet experience to billions of users around the world. Yu graduated from Nankai University in 1999 with a bachelor’s degree in economics. The biggest mistake most US entrepreneurs make right off the bat is in thinking of China as one market.

China 128
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

52 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1 – I Have a Dream. I wondered what it would be like if the companies that purchased the coffee paid fair wages for the product and engaged in the developmental issues of importance in those communities. Image Credit: Enrico Bratta.

article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

is the leading consumer internet company with Terry Semel as CEO. I also joke with Reid Hoffman that this was back in the days before he was “Reid” Reid’s an incredible entrepreneur, startup investor, and human being. We’re a how-to site and community for small business on marketing. . link] leehower.

article thumbnail

The Making of DigitalMarketer With Founder Ryan Deiss

Duct Tape Marketing

Ryan is an entrepreneur, author, and investor. Its community has over 15,000 paid members and over half a million subscribers. Key Takeaway: Ryan Deiss starting building the empire of businesses he has today by selling eBooks right from his dorm room back in 1999. Ryan is an entrepreneur, author, and investor.

article thumbnail

The Lean Entrepreneur is here

Startup Lessons Learned

Last May, I shared the news that long-time Lean Startup advocates Brant Cooper and Patrick Vlaskovits were working on a new book called The Lean Entrepreneur featuring illustrations by FAKEGRIMLOCK. Social entrepreneurs take note!) BetaBrand building apparel MVPs and testing them quickly with targeted customer communities.

Lean 167
article thumbnail

10+ Trends: Recap of 2011 and What’s Next…

thebarefootvc

Women Rising: Microfinance institutions have known for years that women have higher repayment rates than men and that women are more likely to invest the borrowed capital back into their families and local communities. Nothing seems impossible anymore.