Remove 2012 Remove Community Remove Design Remove Viral
article thumbnail

Build it and they won’t come: How and why growth hacking came to be

The Next Web

Why has growth hacking so strongly resonated with the startup community? One explanation is that “growth hacking” is just a catchy way to rebrand marketers, but this begs the question as to why “growth hacking” went viral in the first place. This rapid craze beseeches an explanation. Channel instability. Product-growth fit.

article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

We were post product and had viral growth, albeit at very small scale and still had to evangelize the concept of a vital coefficient w/ most investors. We’re a how-to site and community for small business on marketing. . 10 July 2012, 7:05 pm Why Do VC’s Have Ownership Targets? link] leehower. We’ve been lucky.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Giving Tuesday: Five Ways to Engage Your Board

Board Effect

Giving Tuesday was created when the 92 nd Street Y and the United Nations Foundation came together in October 2012 to get the “giving season” off to a good start. Mashable made the public announcement, and Giving Tuesday quickly went viral. New donors from community. New members. Website donations. Social media donations.

article thumbnail

Cracking The Code: BlablaCar - Travel Revolution

Cracking the Code

Monday, January 16, 2012. Blablacar is one such example of innovation: with a fast growing community of 1.6m Zimride , Ridejoy ), they have not yet seen the explosive growth that the service has observed in Europe with more than 1 Billion miles shared by the community and more than 8m passengers transported ! ▼ 2012. (1).

article thumbnail

The Entrepreneur’s Essentials #13: To be stealthy or not?

Austin Startup

Everyone in the eCommerce industry, including the Shop.org community, was wondering what company I would found next. EDITOR’S NOTE: These products have different names in 2019 than they did in 2012 when I wrote this post and there are other new products today as Bazaarvoice continues to broaden its offerings.] And it worked?—?today

Stealth 48
article thumbnail

YouTube Strategy Lessons from a Channel with 1.6 Million Subscribers

ConversionXL

Whereas a blog post needs just a computer to type, a video requires an understanding of lighting, audio, storytelling, editing, and community building. We launched the larger channel back in 2012 and the smaller channel in 2019. It has images and indicators that are designed to mislead and trick the viewers.

Channel 129
article thumbnail

Cracking The Code: In search of Europe's next tech stars.

Cracking the Code

Let me show other source that may be good for community. ► 2012. (1). Popular Media: the key to viral marketing. Design courtesy of Ashley Cecil. I feel like I’m often looking for interesting things to read about a variety of subjects, but I manage to include your blog among my reads every day. Anonymous said.