Remove 2012 Remove Community Remove Global Remove Social Network
article thumbnail

IGNITE! pitch event at Microsoft – September 4

David Teten

A place for geeks to share what they’ve done, who they did it with and connect with great companies and communities. In Geeklist we provide the global developer community a place to get credit where credit is due. In Geeklist we provide the global developer community a place to get credit where credit is due.

Curation 114
article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

Online social networking is a concept still being evangelized even in Silicon Valley… Friendster is in private beta (wasn’t until Oct 2003 they received Google acquisition offer which they turned down for Kleiner/Benchmark round). We’re a how-to site and community for small business on marketing. .

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10+ Trends: Recap of 2011 and What’s Next…

thebarefootvc

This was the year that the promise of technology to truly change the world and empower individuals (the reason I entered the tech world in 1994) reached global scale. This is my recap of what stood out to me this year and what I’m looking forward to in 2012 — we are only in the beginning of many revolutions.

article thumbnail

China Startups – The Gold Rush and Fire Extinguishers (Part 5 of 5)

Steve Blank

For the last 10 years China essentially closed its search, media and social network software market to foreign companies with the result that Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Dropbox, and 30,000 other websites were not accessible from China. Note that the inner ring shows their global equivalents.). business models.

China 327
article thumbnail

China Startups – The Gold Rush and Fire Extinguishers (Part 5 of 5)

Steve Blank

For the last 10 years China essentially closed its search, media and social network software market to foreign companies with the result that Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Dropbox, and 30,000 other websites were not accessible from China. Note that the inner ring shows their global equivalents.). business models.

China 219
article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

bizthoughts.mikelee.org

The development community is a friendly one (for the most part) and you’ll often find many people eager to help you out. This works if your passion and business idea is not just by pure profits or trends, but by serving the community and the world in a greater way. But such a connection can be long-lasting and meaningful.

article thumbnail

It’s Morning in Venture Capital

Both Sides of the Table

But in 2012 a visit to any major college in America will show you the massive increase in aspirations of our young talent to become the next Mark Zuckerberg and build a future Facebook. The movie, “The Social Network” might have had more of an impact on creating future entrepreneurs than any other event of the past 5 years.