Remove 2004 Remove Community Remove Media Remove Networking
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Eventually, Reddit became wildly popular and was bought by Condé Nast, the owner of 20 other brands and media like Vanity Fair, Vogue, and The New Yorker. BMW introduced subscription fees for their cars, creating revolutionary changes in the conservative automotive community. Thanks to Raven Cobb, Clearstep, Inc ! #6-

article thumbnail

Understanding The Role Of The Chief Behind The Chief

Duct Tape Marketing

Cameron is t he founder of the COO Alliance, the World’s Leading Network for Seconds in Command. John Jantsch (00:00): This episode of the duct tape marketing podcast is brought to you by the female startup club, hosted by Doone Roisin and brought to you by the HubSpot podcast network. Marketing Podcast with Cameron Herold.

CTO 79
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Best iPhone Photo App – Phanfare Photon

BeyondVC

" I first started using Phanfare in late 2004 and have been a fan since.    As the online photo sharing market has become more competitive, I have watched Phanfare evolve from a pay only service for sharing photos with small groups to a more wide open version with more community and collaboration. 

Caching 60
article thumbnail

The Golden Age of the Boston Internet Entrepreneur

Genuine VC

I was in my early 20’s just barely out of school when four of us (peers) started Sombasa Media (aka BargainDog ) here in Boston beginning in 1998. Today the landscape is very different from 2004. And that certainly wasn’t the case when I moved back here in 2004.

Boston 206
article thumbnail

Never Mind the Valley: Here's Paris

ReadWriteStart

Through them, entrepreneurs can hook up with R&D resources in universities and companies, and get access to a robust support network that provides opportunities for visibility, growth and financing. The JEI program was created in 2004 and is managed by the Ministry of Research. that businesses normally pay to the government.

France 163
article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

I recently spoke at Caltech at the Caltech / MIT Enterprise Forum on “the future of social networking,&# the 30-minute video is here and the PowerPoint presentation is here on DocStoc ). What are the big trends that will drive the next phase of social networks? And so it goes with social networking. The Past (1985-2002).

article thumbnail

19 Psychological Tactics for Successful Crowdfunding Campaigns

ConversionXL

But indirect reciprocity plays a powerful role in online communities, such as open-source development. Crowdfunding communities are no different. For example, potential donors in the Kickstarter community are more likely to fund your project if you’ve donated to other Kickstarter projects. Share It With Your Personal Network.