article thumbnail

Requests for Startups in 2024

VC Cafe

Social Hybrid AI x human communities – messaging & social apps where bots are treated as equal citizens. Digital Wallets – Digital wallets could grow select vertical software platforms’ revenues to $27-$50bn in 2030. Verticalized Video Understanding – machine interpreted video.

article thumbnail

Ardent War Story 5: The Best Marketers Are Engineers

Steve Blank

Building an Advisory Board In my travels outside the building I kept my eyes out for articulate and visionary scientists and engineers who had expertise we lacked, and were willing to help in an advisory capacity. Context here.) I set up an advisory board as a vehicle to get these industry experts engaged with the company and product.

Engineer 214
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain the 2023 Trends They See in Their Industry

Hearpreneur

The first step is to collect data on how businesses are affecting their communities and the environment. Artificial intelligence (AI) is already starting to have a significant impact on search engine optimization (SEO) for agencies. From there, you can work to improve reporting and accountability. Thanks to Aktug Dogun, Refer Mate ! #21-

article thumbnail

Observations from my trip to India

Version One Ventures

Many of the most talented entrepreneurs and engineers left India to study and then work in the US and Canada. E-commerce (DTC and infrastructure), fin tech (lending, payments), healthcare and B2B marketplaces are some of the verticals that have seen tremendous growth. Reverse brain drain” “Reverse brain drain” is a real thing in India.

India 86
article thumbnail

Common B2B Challenges and How To Solve Them

ConversionXL

To do this we partnered with the RevGenius community to get a better understanding the challenges mature companies faced. Our research showed that LTV was much higher compared to other verticals we have worked in the past which made the decision to change our approach a no-brainer. Speed matters, the power of marketing sprints.

B2B 150
article thumbnail

Scaling Techstars Horizontally

Feld Thoughts

There are two common ways to scale a system – horizontally or vertically. If you are a software engineer, you probably get this instinctively. Scale Vertically (or “scale up”): Add resources to a single node in a system, typically involving the addition of CPUs or memory to a single computer.

article thumbnail

Q3 2020 Portfolio Review

Version One Ventures

Flow tokens are available on CoinList until October 2 as part of its community sale. No matter the vertical, geography, business model, macro or micro trends, entrepreneurs form the nucleus of a generational company. You can read about Frank Mycroft ’s ( Booster Fuels ) j ourney from spacecraft engineer to entrepreneur.