Remove .Net Remove Community Remove Partner Remove Technical Review
article thumbnail

7 Steps to Driving Impact in Community Banking

Board Effect

As businesses that often support underserved communities, community banks can be instrumental in creating long-term positive changes for individuals and businesses. In recent years, economic disruptions and technological advancements were already challenging community bank boards when COVID-19 emerged.

article thumbnail

7 ways technology can help increase volunteer board diversity

Board Effect

Roughly half (49%) of nonprofit leaders say they do not have the right board members to “establish trust with the communities they serve,” according to Leading With Intent. Building a board that reflects the diversity of that community helps to foster relatability, credibility and trust among community members.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

When I met my now-wife, I realized that any technology that can find me a spouse is a killer app. But in business, you want a lot of partners. I’d argue that the same type of technologies that have revolutionized dating can revolutionize our industry. . That’s why 40 million Americans use online dating sites. 2) Market .

article thumbnail

[Review] The Social Customer

YoungUpstarts

Social CRM is a philosophy and a business strategy that uses technology, work flow, business rules, and social information to talk with (not at) the customer in a transparent way, to make value for both parties. 5) Embracing social advertising and retail , as well as the exciting opportunities offered by mobile and geo-location technologies.

article thumbnail

ESG in Venture Capital: Interview with Blue Future Partners (VC Fund of Funds)

David Teten

Blue Future Partners, a venture capital fund of funds, recently interviewed me on ESG in venture capital. Here’s what I said: In your career in tech and VC, how has your focus on ESG responsibility changed over time? Numerous thoughtful people are worried about how technological disruption will destroy jobs.

article thumbnail

Experts share tips for mission-driven organizations on DE&I

Board Effect

Mission-driven organizations strive to serve their communities and constituents with integrity and purpose. Solving our most pressing social issues, providing a safety net of love and care, this is the immeasurably critical role of our social sector organizations. Young, CEO, Women Business Collaborative DEI is culture change.

Ireland 83
article thumbnail

“My career was on the rise, I had the beginnings of a financial safety net …Yet I started to suffer from debilitating panic attacks”

Hunter Walker

Andy Johns was one of the original notable ‘growth’ experts, working at a variety of startups and larger tech companies to help drive product strategies that resulted in organic and sustainable user acquisition. HW: This is an area that’s quickly destigmatizing, at least within the tech community. Life was good at the time.

.Net 89