Remove Business Model Remove Community Remove Software Engineering Remove Web Development
article thumbnail

Lessons Learned from a Software Developer’s First Attempt at Launching a Startup

Software By Rob

Karl is a software engineer with more than 10 years of experience who specializes in agile web development and web services integrations. He authors a software development blog at [link]. There comes a time in a software developer’s career where they reach a crossroads and ask themselves, “What next?

article thumbnail

Essential Startup Funding Tips from 8 Seasoned Investors

mashable.com

And for those in the coveted in-crowd, Silicon Valley, San Francisco and the greater tech community become a world of opportunity where you’re only limited by the quality of your idea and the caliber of your friends. The “haves&# possess money, power, influence, or the right friends with those qualities.

article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

The programmer will probably not understand your business model, and therefore cant help you point out anything that doesnt make sense in the requirements. I also know someone else who consulted me about his website idea. " And looking at the requirements, I didnt think it was difficult to find a programmer to develop that.