article thumbnail

How a crappy promotion led to me being a software engineer

Austin Startup

This post expands on a recent podcast I did with Living Corporate outlining the story behind my career switch to software engineering. I’m currently coming up on my two-year anniversary as a software engineer on December 19, 2018. Before working as a software engineer, I was already in “tech”, just not at a startup.

article thumbnail

Tech Industry Hiring In Canada Continues To Grow

YoungUpstarts

These are software engineers, business analysts, project managers, graphic designers, and web developers. Calgary employers found software developer and engineer as the most in demand. The province has a robust start-up community. Hiring for tech jobs in Vancouver is all done online.

Canada 167
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

New Meetup on Building Tech Tools for Private Equity+VC Investors

David Teten

My colleague Sebastian Soler, software engineer at ff Venture Capital, is leading the launch of a new Meetup with me. I’ve just launched a new Meetup and online community I’m heading up with David. I also teach Front-End Web Development at General Assembly. I asked him to write a guest post: Hi!

article thumbnail

7 Steps to Optimize Your Blog Posts Like a Pro

Duct Tape Marketing

I’m not a web design guru; I’m no software engineer or web developer. So I’m not an SEO expert or web development guru, but with a little research and help from a plug-in, I can optimize my blog posts with the big guns. Kala Linck is the Community and Content Manager at Duct Tape Marketing.

SEO 28
article thumbnail

How To Find A Programmer To Build Your Startup Idea

socialmatchbox.com

How To Calculate Whether A Freelance Web Application Programmer Is Asking For Too Much Step 1: Use the Indeed.com Salary Tool to Search for Their Job Title By Salary Level. In a search done today, a web developer in Washington, DC should make anywhere from $70,000 to $120,000 per year.

article thumbnail

Small Business Marketing: Web Design Best Practices and Tips

crowdSPRING Blog

A strong website can also help individuals and businesses to promote their brands online, including on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Classmates, Bebo, Yelp, Foursquare and others. If you need help, you can leverage crowdSPRING’s community of more than 67,000 designers and writers for your custom web design.

article thumbnail

Small Business Marketing: Web Design Best Practices and Tips

crowdSPRING Blog

A strong website can also help individuals and businesses to promote their brands online, including on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Classmates, Bebo, Yelp, Foursquare and others. If you need help, you can leverage crowdSPRING’s community of more than 67,000 designers and writers for your custom web design.