article thumbnail

How to Switch from Software Engineer to Product Manager?

What is ESG Investing? The tricycle of businesses

The transition from software engineer to product manager can be a challenging one, but it can also be a rewarding.

article thumbnail

Tech Interview: CouponBird’s Senior Software Engineer Carson Lv

The Startup Magazine

As part of The Startup Magazine founders interviews, we sat down with Senior Software Engineer Carson Lv, a team leader from CouponBirds , a growing e-commerce company specialising in coupon code services and advertising. Now more about you and your career path, what inspired you to become a Software Engineer?

Insiders

Sign Up for our Newsletter

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

[Infographic] 2012 Q3: Software Engineering Salaries in Silicon Valley

YoungUpstarts

Software engineers are extremely high in demand, and over the past few years the growth in their salaries has shown exactly how much in demand they are. Salaries, representative of software engineers and developers at emerging growth companies within the Bay Area – have grown by 5.3-percent Their conclusion?

article thumbnail

How a crappy promotion led to me being a software engineer

Austin Startup

This post expands on a recent podcast I did with Living Corporate outlining the story behind my career switch to software engineering. I’m currently coming up on my two-year anniversary as a software engineer on December 19, 2018. Before working as a software engineer, I was already in “tech”, just not at a startup.

article thumbnail

Flying Software Engineers To Boulder For Startup Week

Feld Thoughts

Boulder is full of software engineers, but we need more. If you are a software engineer, send ryanwanger at gmail a note containing the following: 1. A lot more. If you don’t know about Boulder Startup Week, take a look at the killer agenda.

article thumbnail

The Top 20 Symptoms of a Weak Development Team

TechEmpower

And the #1 symptom relates to that old software engineering adage: The first 90% of a project takes half the time. Rapid turnover, especially of senior or “A” developers. Developers aren’t aware of the progress of the current dev cycle, or even what’s in it. The last 10% takes the other half.

article thumbnail

Technical Advisors: Every Startup Needs One

TechEmpower

As noted in Symptoms of a Weak Development Team , this is a symptom of the old software engineering adage: The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time. Then, a month later, the product is still 90% done. And six weeks later – 90% again! The last 10% takes the other 90%.