Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Limited Partner Remove Technical Cofounder
article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. From RBI, Flexible VCs borrow the ability to reap meaningful returns without demanding founders build for an exit. Our categorization is not a technical one.

article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

Managers of VC funds typically want to grow their business aggressively, just like the founders we back. But, we normally have a clear ceiling on how high we can grow AUM, before hitting practical limits to deploying capital within the traditional VC model. . This evolves the VC from a server to a router.

article thumbnail

What Startups Are Really Like

www.paulgraham.com

I wasnt sure what to talk about at Startup School, so I decidedto ask the founders of the startups wed funded. So I sent all the founders an email asking what surprised them aboutstarting a startup. Be Careful with Cofounders This was the surprise mentioned by the most founders. What hadnt Iwritten about yet?