article thumbnail

Amsterdam-based Rockstart Accelerator’s first graduates head to Silicon Valley

The Next Web

Amsterdam-based Rockstart Accelerator , one of the many, many startup accelerators in Europe, is taking the first class of startups who’ve graduated from its six-month program stateside this month. Owlin : a real-time news analysis and intelligence tool for traders.

article thumbnail

Is Going for Rapid Growth Always Good? Aren’t Startups So Much More?

Both Sides of the Table

As a person who spends much time thinking about the venture capital & startup community and who has seen good times & bad times across many economic cycles the article is well written. Ryan Lissack is the CTO of Maker Studios. I worry that many people will read this post and get the wrong message.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Machine Intelligence Startups to Watch in Israel

VC Cafe

In 2016 alone, 300+ “machine intelligence” (AI + ML) startups in Europe raised over €1.4 Venture Capital investments in AI, Europe 2016 (Source: Dealroom ). Chen Zamir is the company’s CTO and former Intelligence officer in the IDF as well as Paypal risk manager. Billion in VC funding.

article thumbnail

Taking stock of the Dutch tech cluster: What The Netherlands needs to win the European startup scene

The Next Web

Think of Werner Vogels (CTO of Amazon), Guido van Rossem (founder of Python programming language and senior engineer at Dropbox) or the more senior Gerard Kleisterlee (chairman of Vodafone). We have great intellectual property protection, and have efficient ways to enforce contracts. Entrepreneur Europe Analysis and Opinion'

article thumbnail

Kinnernet 2006 – geek camp

BeyondVC

I just got back from a week in Israel having spent some time in Jerusalem for an Answers board meeting and then making my way to the Ohalo Resort on the Sea of Galilee for Kinnernet 2006. At Kinnernet, I had the privilege to spend time with some great people from Israel, Europe, and the US.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

Update: The end is near, Expensify is hiring a.NET programmer! As you might know, we’re hiring the best programmers in the world. If you are a startup looking to hire really excellent people, take notice of.NET on a resume, and ask why it’s there. Expensify Blog. Expense Reports That Don't Suck.

Java 107
article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

Tech Gadgets Mobile Enterprise GreenTech CrunchBase TechCrunch TV Disrupt SF More TechCrunch TV Beta Invites Crunchies Elevator Pitches Gillmor Gang Podcasts TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch Trends TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Whats Hot: Android Apple Facebook Google Microsoft Twitter Yahoo Zynga Subscribe: From Nothing To Something.