Remove 2017 Remove Community Remove Founder Remove Fractional CTO
article thumbnail

I am a proud Mexican-American “Tejano” who grew up in South Texas.

Austin Startup

I started Good Dog Labs in early 2014 and a year later I officially became a co-founder with the on-boarding of my brother Dino in 2015. In 2017, both my brother Dino and I purchased homes in the Austin area. My brother and I built something we are proud of in the northeast, but the call of Texas is hard to dismiss.

Texas 48
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

When I started my consulting business, I was fortunate enough to have a mentor who guided me, and the best advice she gave me was to name my company something about myself, but not my actual name. After getting British Citizenship in 2017, I decided it was time for me to legalise my English name. Thanks to Kerry Roberts, Everipe ! #8-

Naming 106
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Amazon Redshift Too Slow or Crashing? BlazingDB Performs

Austin Startup

The founders are committed to the global distributed computing community and engage fully by offering and sustaining a free community versio n for life. BlazingDB takes the concept of community further by creating an extremely diverse and inclusive work environment and has taken the 1% pledge.

Peru 58
article thumbnail

30 Machine Intelligence Startups to Watch in Israel

VC Cafe

Don’t take my word for it – in the roundup of venture capital predictions for 2017 , I found it to be the top recurring theme. Voyager’s cognitive-computing, deep-insights platform assesses billions of publicly available, unstructured data points to provide insights for its clients in finance, retail and consulting.

article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

Brunner (@heatherjbrunner) | Twitter Preston James Co-founder & CEO DivInc Preston is at the center of everything Diversity & Inclusion in Austin. Eugene Sepulveda (@EugeneAustin) | Twitter Ingrid Vandervelt CEO & Founder EBW2020 Ingrid Vanderveldt is the Chairman and CEO of Empowering a Billion Women by 2020 (EBW2020).