Remove 2018 Remove Community Remove Founder Remove Software Engineering
article thumbnail

Awesome Austin Tech Events, May 8–15

Austin Startup

Some of the most interesting events in Austin for the week of May 8 through May 14 are as follows: Mon, May 8 thru Thurs, May 11: OSCON OSCON brings the software engineering and developer community together to explore what’s new and useful in open source languages, tools, and techniques. At Galvanize at 10:30 am. $79

article thumbnail

Vote Local, Austin: 18 SXSW panels featuring Austinites that deserve your PanelPicker vote

Austin Startup

Support the ATX Startup Community by voting for this selection of panels featuring Austinites. Once submitted, the community is allowed to chime in and vote on what topics capture their interest. Once submitted, the community is allowed to chime in and vote on what topics capture their interest. We reached out to the M.io

Austin 48
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

So you say you want to be a Product Manager …?

Austin Startup

While supporting the LGBTQIA+ community at-large is a personal interest of mine , I must admit that my attendance at this most-recent ROMBA event was purely motivated by self-interest. Hunter Brennick , co-founder and COO of Landing Lion , emphasizes humility and listening for product managers. there are many avenues.

article thumbnail

SXSW Startups: Horizon

Austin Startup

They’re pioneering a new dimension of gaming that belongs to its players and building a crypto video game arcade called Arcadeum, which is a community-driven platform for decentralized games where players enjoy the freedom of true digital ownership, open economies, provable fairness, privacy, and the ability to earn real-world value through play.

article thumbnail

The Entrepreneur’s Essentials #4: Seven lessons learned on the journey from founder to CEO

Austin Startup

For the fourth selection of The Entrepreneur’s Essentials, I decided to celebrate ABJ’s Best CEOs of 2018. My talk was about the 7 lessons I’ve learned on the journey from founder to CEO. I started off my talk emphasizing that the journey matters most in your transformation from founder to CEO. in our Series A.

Founder 51
article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

Brunner (@heatherjbrunner) | Twitter Preston James Co-founder & CEO DivInc Preston is at the center of everything Diversity & Inclusion in Austin. Eugene Sepulveda (@EugeneAustin) | Twitter Ingrid Vandervelt CEO & Founder EBW2020 Ingrid Vanderveldt is the Chairman and CEO of Empowering a Billion Women by 2020 (EBW2020).