Remove Boston Remove Community Remove Continuous Deployment Remove Media
article thumbnail

Marching through quicksand

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Monday, August 24, 2009 Marching through quicksand I have been spending a lot of time lately talking to people in various media companies: editors and agents, executives, journalists, producers and directors. For established media empires, this is a scary fact.

article thumbnail

The Lean Startup Workshop - now an O'Reilly Master Class

Startup Lessons Learned

Twitter about it or post it to a social media site? Im open to being the coffee and snack technician :-) On another note, I live in Atlanta and believe that we have a strong enough start-up community that would greatly benefit from your lessons learned. Case Study: Continuous deployment makes releases n. Let me know.

Lean 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Business ecology and the four customer currencies

Startup Lessons Learned

And passionate players are often the backbone of game communities – especially online. We cultivated a passionate community that nurtured a skilled set of developers. Now consider a traditional media business. The value of the attention that the media company collects determines how profitable it is.

Customer 156
article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Net Promoter Score: an operational tool to.

Startup Lessons Learned

Theres a lot of controversy surrounding NPS in the customer research community, and I dont want to recapitulate it here. Even if you have a very large community, I dont think this number needs to be higher than 100. In other words, we committed the one cardinal sin of community management. Heres how Ive set it up in the past.

.Net 158