article thumbnail

How to Choose a Business Location

Up and Running

Do you have access to an engaged community that is eager to help? Do you qualify for any government economic programs or incentives? Our business in located on Country Club Drive and down the street from a large country club community.”. He wanted to stay rooted in his community in South Carolina. “My

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Distribution and use of this material are governed by our Subscriber Agreement and by copyright law. Firms Miss Out on Jobs Push A new federal program that lets states give companies financial incentives for hiring jobless people hasnt gained traction, illustrating the complications of government attempts to tackle unemployment.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

“Is Austin Racist?” Let’s Start There.

Austin Startup

My infatuation with Austin solidified when I set foot on campus at UT, the culmination of nearly a decade of life planning that started in middle school back in South Carolina with the pledge to my mom that I would find a way to get myself through college on scholarship. candidate, Lakeya Omogun, recently called disingenuous.

Austin 90
article thumbnail

What Is a Benefit Corporation?

Up and Running

Now, you can create a benefit corporation in: Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington D.C., with many more states in the pending legislation phase.