article thumbnail

People-First Capitalism

Reid Hoffman

What’s some of the ways that that kind of informs your leadership? When I was at RISD, I went to Rhode Island School of Design, there was this idea that was emerging called The Green Movement, the sustainability movement. In our case, society, we call the 900,000 communities we operate in. So you met me in 2010.

article thumbnail

People-First Capitalism

Reid Hoffman

What’s some of the ways that that kind of informs your leadership? When I was at RISD, I went to Rhode Island School of Design, there was this idea that was emerging called The Green Movement, the sustainability movement. In our case, society, we call the 900,000 communities we operate in. So you met me in 2010.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

New England's Top 10 Innovators

Seeing Both Sides

This week, The Deal declared that Route 128 is well-positioned to continue its leadership in innovation, despite the economic crisis, due to its diverse economy and robust enterpreneurial environment. These 10 are awe-inspiring innovators and it is simply a gift to have them as members of our community. 9) Governor Deval Patrick.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #7, Brian Chesky Part 1: running Airbnb in crisis mode, being multi-stakeholder, and re-founding the company

Startup Lessons Learned

I've known Brian Chesky, Co-Founder, CEO and Head of Community at Airbnb for a long time. 50:17) The Heroes Journey, Joseph Campbell (55:03) The need for human connection in leadership and what Brian hopes former employees will take with them into the world. (56:46) I went to Rhode Island School of Design. How you doing?