article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneur Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

9- A merger of two companies. Enventys Partners was born when my company Command Partners, a digital marketing firm, vertically merged with Enventys, a product development firm. With that merger, half of each of our business’ names also merged, and that’s how we came up with ‘Enventys Partners’. Photo Credit: Roy Morejon.

Naming 152
article thumbnail

Four Major Startup Stages That You Should Know About

YoungUpstarts

by Arsalan Sajid, startup community manager at Cloudways. Product development. Now that you have a refined product idea and a team that can turn this idea into reality, the product development stage will start. Initial product development usually consists of prototyping and MVP. Prototyping.

Startup 113
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Is Strategic Money an Oxymoron?

Both Sides of the Table

When they promise to help you with marketing, sales, distribution, integrated product development, etc. But the venture guys don’t make the calls on what the product / business guys do. Imagine your investor has to call the CEO of a $20 billion company for approval for your merger or sale. it sure is tempting.

article thumbnail

The Leading Cause of Startup Death – Part 1: The Product.

Steve Blank

This series of posts is a brief explanation of how we’ve evolved from Product Development to Customer Development to the Lean Startup. The Product Development Diagram Emerging early in the twentieth century, this product-centric model described a process that evolved in manufacturing industries.

article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

If someone had been there and just told me “join a great founding team, focus on the product, and forget everything else,” I would have saved a lot of time and heartache. Sure you don’t have to take VC money to build out a product. And I’m sure they won’t mind community college either. Love the guest post TechCrunch!