Remove 1995 Remove Community Remove Leadership Remove Viral
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #16: Robert Schooley on why we weren't prepared, long-term thinking, and how to make decisions for the greater good.

Startup Lessons Learned

I'm a biologist and a member of the infectious disease division here at UC San Diego and have been involved in viral research, particularly RNA viruses, since HIV came along in the 80s. And I was training in East Baltimore at the time and most of my patients were intercity members of the Baltimore community.

article thumbnail

1,000 True Fans – Still Relevant?

Entrepreneurs-Journey.com by Yaro Starak

Well, to be honest, it wasn’t much of a business plan, because in 1995, I knew next to nothing about ‘business’ After reading an article about how critical it was to have one, I put pen to paper and jotted down some notes to myself. The other is being looked up to as a symbol of hope, leadership and inspiration.

article thumbnail

1,000 True Fans – Still Relevant?

Entrepreneurs-Journey.com by Yaro Starak

Well, to be honest, it wasn’t much of a business plan, because in 1995, I knew next to nothing about ‘business’ After reading an article about how critical it was to have one, I put pen to paper and jotted down some notes to myself. The other is being looked up to as a symbol of hope, leadership and inspiration.