Remove Campaign Remove Community Remove Continuous Deployment Remove Product Development
article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Please teach kids programming, Mr. President

Startup Lessons Learned

After volunteering for the Obama campaign last year, a friend of mine insisted that I write a letter to our new President telling him what I thought he should do. We also learned that law is code , and that leadership was needed to build thriving communities in a digital age. Case Study: Continuous deployment makes releases n.

article thumbnail

Marching through quicksand

Startup Lessons Learned

When I reviewed a recent product development book, it immediately shot up to Amazon sales rank 300. Make it easy to “pilot&# new work with a test community of actively engaged readers, and provide a mechanism for measuring the impact of these pilots. Case Study: Continuous deployment makes releases n.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Lean Entrepreneur is here

Startup Lessons Learned

The Embrace infant warmer was developed - by getting out of the country -- and how Rob Emrich learned and scaled his non-profit, Road of Life. BetaBrand building apparel MVPs and testing them quickly with targeted customer communities. A nascent community has blossomed into a full-fledged movement.

Lean 167
article thumbnail

Business ecology and the four customer currencies

Startup Lessons Learned

And passionate players are often the backbone of game communities – especially online. A great product enables customers, developers, partners, and even competitors to exchange their unique currencies in combinations that lead to financial success for the company that organizes them.

Customer 156
article thumbnail

Learning from Obama: maneuver warfare on the campaign trail

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Wednesday, November 5, 2008 Learning from Obama: maneuver warfare on the campaign trail I had the privilege of volunteering for the Obama campaign in swing states for a few weekends during the final push towards victory. Im quite confident I got more out of the experience than the campaign got from me.