Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Distribution Remove Software Engineering
article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

bizthoughts.mikelee.org

BizThoughts Thoughts about business, technology, the web & entrepreneurship About Booklist Contact Nov 15 2011 Finding a Technical Cofounder By Mike Lee Categories: Entrepreneurship , Leadership Since I have a technical background, I get about one offer a month to join some engineering team, or to be a technical cofounder.

article thumbnail

Transformify: The Sustainable Platform for Remote Jobs

Transformify

Traveling around the world, I met startup founders, forex traders, marketers, online shop owners, travel bloggers, Instagram influencers and digital business entrepreneurs of all kinds. It was a growing community of people who enjoyed their digital nomad lifestyle. Small cafes, family-owned restaurants and artisan shops flourish.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Boston Tech Community (Fall 2013 Edition)

Rob Go

There is a wealth of resources that are unique to this town and a vibrant community of hackers, product designers, business people, and investors at various stages in their career. Mobile Mondays : Boston chapter of the world’s largest Mobile professional community. WorkBar Boston - Flexible co-working space near South Station.

Boston 71
article thumbnail

The Care And Feeding Of A Startup

YoungUpstarts

Neil Blumenthal , the youthful cofounder of Warby Parker, a disruptive company that transformed the conservative eyewear industry by creating affordable, stylish glasses for people across the world, defined a startup as “ a company working to solve a problem where the solution is not obvious and success is not guaranteed. “

Cofounder 100
article thumbnail

Bad returns be damned: Venture capital fundraising jumps 31 percent in U.S

www.geekwire.com

Software Developer. Senior Software Engineer - Web-based Applications. at Tableau Software. Front-end UI Software Engineer. Manager, Test Engineering (Performance Team). at Tableau Software. Co-founder, National Editor. Co-founder, National Editor. GeekWire Events.

article thumbnail

Mentoring the mentors: Advice and inspiration for startup mentors

siliconflorist.com

Last year around the time PIE was starting, David Cohen , cofounder of TechStars , shared the TechStars Mentor Manifesto. Senior Systems Engineer. Front-End Engineer. Distributed Systems Software Engineer. Software Cloud Engineer III. Software Cloud Project Manager. Community Manager.

article thumbnail

Startup Lessons for the Proto-Founder

www.metamorphblog.com

Home About Contact Home About Contact The Metamorphosis Becoming an Entrepreneur, by Matt Mireles Startup Lessons for the Proto-Founder I started SpeakerText in October 2008 during the financial apocalypse. You need a Co-Founder, not an Engineering Bitch. Treat everyone you hire like a co-founder.

Founder 51