article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #27: Eren Bali of Carbon Health on public health, COVID vaccinations, and working as a unified society to solve problems

Startup Lessons Learned

Eren Bali arrived in Silicon Valley from Turkey in 2010 hoping to relaunch Udemy , his online education company. Eren came to the US from Turkey to work at a Silicon Valley tech startup, which is actually where I first met him a few years ago. EB : If you go really back, I was born in a small village in South-east part of Turkey.

article thumbnail

Like Bourbon and Whiskey? A New Auction Site Is Making It Easy to Buy (Too Easy According to My Credit Card Statement!)

Hunter Walker

Whiskey, specifically bourbon, scratches a bunch of itches for me: a love of American history, a community of people to share the enjoyment, and a deep rabbit hole of bottles to sample. Traditional auction houses usually have minimums and focus more on curation, but that can exclude a lot of people from participating.

article thumbnail

#FollowFriday: 7 Awesome Instagram Accounts To Follow For Marketers

Brandanew

But the Instagram profile curated by email service provider MailChimp is a visually stunning account that could inspire any designer. If this won’t build a loyal community , I don’t know what would. GoPro #Turkey A photo posted by gopro (@gopro) on Nov 18, 2015 at 10:30am PST. 6. Photo of the Day!

Marketing 100