article thumbnail

What is a Social Enterprise?

Up and Running

it is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, but because of its dedication to sustainability, it is now working with local communities to form separate stove manufacturing factories in their countries. Here in the U.S. InStove contributes both the technology for efficient stoves, and the means to create sustainable jobs. that social enterprises can take.

article thumbnail

How to Choose a Business Location

Up and Running

Do you have access to an engaged community that is eager to help? Our business in located on Country Club Drive and down the street from a large country club community.”. An interior designer was hired to make the space shine. He wanted to stay rooted in his community in South Carolina. “My The problem?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

“Is Austin Racist?” Let’s Start There.

Austin Startup

My infatuation with Austin solidified when I set foot on campus at UT, the culmination of nearly a decade of life planning that started in middle school back in South Carolina with the pledge to my mom that I would find a way to get myself through college on scholarship. Maybe that’s by design. “Is Is Austin Racist?”

Austin 90
article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

MediaPRO Community. Design & Production. Tool: Sysomos (Marketwire) URL: Sysomos.com What it does: Like Radian6, Sysomos is designed to help brands “listen” to what people are saying about them online, particularly through social media. Thanks for being part of the FOLIO: community. Art/Creative/Design. Post a Job.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Web Design/Tech Services. North Carolina. South Carolina. South Dakota. North Carolina. South Carolina. South Dakota. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Journal Community.