article thumbnail

Startup Advice: When to Use a Consulting CTO

rapidrollout.wordpress.com

Web Startup Lessons Advice from a CTO and Entrepreneur Home About Startup Advice: When to Use a Consulting CTO There are not many to be found. Most likely, this is a person who is a serial entrepreneur and was the chief technology officer for two or more web startups. .&#

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

I wanted to include the word name since my niche is heavily dependent on SEO, and most of my highest-ranking competitors included the word in their URL. Fabulize Magazine serves as a community for other Lisa Simpson types like myself who enjoy pop culture from a woman of color point of view. 18- Based on SEO. The Fabulize Shop!

Naming 105
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Which language should my startup use?

www.reincubate.com

Like PHP, when hiring Microsoft programmers there’s much to be wary of.NET powers sites of all sizes (though relatively few massive ones) and is very common.NET has some CMS frameworks such as dotnetnuke and Community Server which often distract startups. framework was built. XML sitemap. VAT registered #867 0159 09.

article thumbnail

How to Divide Equity to Startup Founders, Advisors, and Employees

thinkspace.com

Office Space. Virtual Office. I am being offered a single digit percentage of outstanding shares, which I believe is based on the founder’s application of a share distribution as though I am in a CTO or a Director Of Engineering role. You’d have to look at your stock options contract. Call Us: +1-855-629-6200.

Equity 62
article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

I also know someone else who consulted me about his website idea. Well as a programmer of many websites I find that it is easier for my clients to consult my ideas first. I do consult people, however I am not looking for work right now. Its best to agree to everything on the front end, and get it all in writing in a contract.

article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

A good mentor is someone who has been part of the startup community themselves – someone who has a realistic understanding of some of the basic dos and don’ts of starting up. There are only a tiny fraction of people who hit on all the right circumstances to go from prototype to hit in a straight trajectory. link] SEO India Wonderful!!

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

Do a curl (or your.NET equivalent) on each domain, and see how many are running a Windows server: I think you’ll find the fraction very small. But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide. For that, I’m truly sorry.

Java 107