Remove 2000 Remove Community Remove CTO Hire Remove Leadership
article thumbnail

Serial CEO Judy Estrin On Startups and Innovation

ReadWriteStart

She was the former CTO of Cisco Systems from 1998-2000, and is on the boards of Disney and Packet Design and was a board member at Sun and FedEx for many years. Her first startup was Bridge Communications, an early networking company that she built to more than 400 people. "I Estrin is somewhat down on the venture community.

CTO Hire 118
article thumbnail

Understanding The Role Of The Chief Behind The Chief

Duct Tape Marketing

One of my favorite episodes who should be your first hire, what's your funding plan, Dr. Lisa Cravin shares her top advice from building spotlight oral. One when scale started to kick in, when we hit the, you know, 200 employees at the head office, 2000 employees system wide, it started to get complex and a little bit outside of my sandbox.

CTO 79
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #27: Eren Bali of Carbon Health on public health, COVID vaccinations, and working as a unified society to solve problems

Startup Lessons Learned

So, and then the second thing is like, occasionally, a lot of people would assume I'm a technical, like CTO of a company. I mean, I think that's one thing that people miss often is that leadership is a philosophy, it's a set of principles. I think it was considered the first community spread patient. ER : Yeah, of course.

article thumbnail

Why Startups Fail - 20 Top Reasons Gleaned from 32 Startup Failure Post-Mortems

www.chubbybrain.com

The negativity either impacted investment funding (venture capital fell off a cliff in 2009) or the customers they were targeted as was the case for Untitled Partners who were building a platform for fractional art ownership. Location issues were given as a reason for failure 6% of the time. During this year they.