Remove 2016 Remove Community Remove CTO Hire Remove Partner
article thumbnail

SXSW Startups: Pawame Powers Africa

Austin Startup

A finalist in Payment and FinTech Technology category, Pawame is lighting up rural communities in Africa with clean, affordable and reliable solar home systems. Our CTO and Co-founder Majd Chaaya and colleague Hella Bennani are representing us there at the end of January. and we can’t do it by ourselves. The founders?—?Alex

Africa 48
article thumbnail

SXSW Startups: My SideKick

Austin Startup

In 2016, I told my now husband that all I wanted as a wedding gift was to quit my job and work on Every Two Minutes. So, in October of 2016, I resigned from my job at an ad agency and have been working on Every Two Minutes full time ever since. Get to know them and work with them over a period of time before fully committing.

Startup 55
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Machine Intelligence Startups to Watch in Israel

VC Cafe

Security will shift from defensive to predictive AI-powered security (Norwest Venture Partners). Since AI and ML startups cut across verticals (analytics, fintech, health, adtech, security, etc), it’s easier to group them under the “machine intelligence” umbrella, coined by Shivon Zillis , a partner at Bloomberg Beta.

article thumbnail

The Ultimate Guide to Starting a Software Company

Up and Running

List key partners and resources you will need, and then list your core team as well as their roles. If you don’t yet have a team yet, list the roles you need to hire for. List key partners and resources you will need, and then list your core team as well as their roles. Subscription Business Trends and Predictions for 2016.

article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

janryan (@janryan) | Twitter Kerry Rupp Kerry is a Capital Factory Mentor and founding partner of True Wealth Ventures, an early-stage venture capital fund that invests in women-led companies in the sustainable consumer and consumer health verticals. Carolyn was recognized by Inc.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #27: Eren Bali of Carbon Health on public health, COVID vaccinations, and working as a unified society to solve problems

Startup Lessons Learned

Ultimately, the company partnered with the City of Los Angeles , and as Eren recalls, "seven days after the original handshake and launch into a scheduling website, we helped launch Dodger Stadium, which was the single largest mass vaccination site in the country." I think it was considered the first community spread patient.