Remove Aggregator Remove Community Remove Customer Development Remove Global
article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

VC Platform community has grown approximately 120% in the last 3 years. aggregates resources from all the VCs. I have developed a founder curriculum on my blog. Customer Development. A well-developed model is Andreessen Horowitz’s Executive Briefing Center. AskAnything.VC

article thumbnail

China Startups – The Gold Rush and Fire Extinguishers (Part 5 of 5)

Steve Blank

Note that the inner ring shows their global equivalents.). And they were increasing at an aggregate 33 million IOS and Android activations per month. ”Copying, adopting and adapting,” is not the same as ”competing, innovating and creating” in a global market. business models. It usually doesn’t end well.

China 326
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Five case studies you'll see at the Lean Startup Conference 2015

Startup Lessons Learned

The following is a guest post by Kirsten Cluthe and Ritika Puri from The Lean Startup Conference team Wondering what’s new in the Lean Startup community? With hundred of thousands of global practitioners, the supply of ideas and best practices is endless. Here are some of our favorites: 1.

Lean 60
article thumbnail

China Startups – The Gold Rush and Fire Extinguishers (Part 5 of 5)

Steve Blank

Note that the inner ring shows their global equivalents.). And they were increasing at an aggregate 33 million IOS and Android activations per month. ”Copying, adopting and adapting,” is not the same as ”competing, innovating and creating” in a global market. business models. It usually doesn’t end well.

China 218
article thumbnail

Seven Things Your Customers Can Do Better Than You

YoungUpstarts

So Westlaw created Peer Monitor, which aggregates anonymized data on firms’ financial and operational performance, collected from participating clients with their permission — and this turned into a lucrative new business. Westlaw, which provides legal research services for law firms, is another example. Close the sale.

Customer 168
article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

My colleagues Sebastian Soler , Steven Greenberg and I recently launched a new online community, PEVCTech.com , exclusively for PE/VC investors; engineers who work at PE/VC funds; and other technologists who specialize in working on this problem. to motivate their angel community to support their startups. are using AngelMob.co

article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Please teach kids programming, Mr. President

Startup Lessons Learned

We also learned that law is code , and that leadership was needed to build thriving communities in a digital age. But aggregated across many schools, there are thousands or tens of thousands of them. The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Customer Development ► June (3) What is a startup?