Remove Agile Remove Community Remove Media Remove New York City
article thumbnail

Five common misconceptions about building a startup in New York City

This is going to be BIG.

It’s really difficult for me not to get into the thick of discussions about whether or not you can and/or should build a company in New York City. I grew up here, went to school here, and have worked hard over the last 5+ years to help build up the NYC innovation community. sucks up all the good programmers.

article thumbnail

MANAGING DIRECTOR OF TECHSTARS AUSTIN

Austin Startup

Schwartzfarb set out to create a guide for anyone interested in starting, growing or leading a modern startup so that they can hit the ground running with a solid plan and foundation with agile and effective sales teams, so that they can avoid and manage the hazards all startups face. New York City, NY Sept. Austin, TX?—?

Austin 48
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Introducing New Lean Startup Practitioners

Startup Lessons Learned

We’ve just put a new batch of tickets on sale, and when this one sells out, the price goes up, so sign up now. Steven Hodas will be speaking at the conference about applying Lean Startup methods within extreme bureaucracy—in his case, the New York City Department of Education. government’s first public website.

Lean 162
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #4: Carl Liebert, crisis veteran and radical optimist

Startup Lessons Learned

44:25) Parallels between the pandemic and previous crises, and Carl's thoughts on some of the new norms that will arise. (45:28) But you can't beat yourself up because you didn't have a good email address as before you started, or you didn't have their social media counts. Stanley McChrystal's Team of Teams. (29:34) Go get them.

article thumbnail

Women 2.0 » FounderDating: How I Found My Co-Founder

www.women2.org

A warm intro from a friend or participating in events and communities that specifically frame “finding a co-founder” (not just “startup happy hour”), you will — and I did — have better results. They are building more functionality into the site, a great community resource! Community Service.

article thumbnail

16 Common Mistakes Young Startups Make

mashable.com

Social Media. Social Media. Contact Contact Us Submit News Submit a Bug. Contact Contact Us Submit News Submit a Bug. Sites Jobs Events Social Good Summit Media Summit Career Expos. Make sure that new hires understand your rate of innovation. Not Embracing Agility. "If Follow @mashable. Entertainment.

Cofounder 111