Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Conversion Remove Seed Capital
article thumbnail

Finance Fridays: Getting Started – Allocating Equity and Founder’s Investment

Feld Thoughts

Finance Friday’s gets off the ground with today’s post by introducing you to an imaginary startup, the entrepreneurs that we’ll being following throughout the series, and their first challenges: splitting up the founders’ equity and addressing the case where one of the founders provides the initial seed capital for the business.

Equity 137
article thumbnail

An Inside Look at Capital Factory’s Women in Tech Summit

Austin Startup

Over 500 tech executives, startup founders, investors and aspiring entrepreneurs came together for an unforgettable day of in-depth discussions, workshops and a $200,000 surprise. Interested in being a part of Capital Factory’s diversity and inclusion initiatives? On Monday, October 1?—?the the first day of Austin Startup Week ?—?more

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Is It Fair To Tell Founders “Just Execute And You’ll Be Fine” When We Know It’s Not A Level Playing Field?

Hunter Walker

So I recently re-shared a 2019 blog post where I’d basically advised founders who’ve raised seed capital to worry less about “how will I raise the next round” and more about “how will I execute my plan?” Hunter Walk : Thanks for doing this with me Kristen. Have they definitely de-risked every part of their business?

Founder 123
article thumbnail

This Week in VC Episode 6 with @Jason Calacanis: Best One Yet

Both Sides of the Table

Nevertheless, if you share too much in your funding process or meet too many VCs expect a certain amount of your ideas to spread around the startup community. StackOverflow – We both have a love fest for Joel Spolsky who also co-founded Fog Creek Software. This is unintentional and inevitable. DEAL OF THE WEEK.

Stealth 285
article thumbnail

Crazy! 189 Answers To The Top Startup Questions On Your Mind

maplebutter.com

Whats is the best way to find a co-founder for your startup? However, one of my co-founders doesn’t seem to be as motivated as the rest of us. Create a strong brand, solid social community, sell advertising. If you’re looking to find / earn a technical co-founder then Andrew’s article is the best read.

article thumbnail

Essential Startup Funding Tips from 8 Seasoned Investors

mashable.com

And for those in the coveted in-crowd, Silicon Valley, San Francisco and the greater tech community become a world of opportunity where you’re only limited by the quality of your idea and the caliber of your friends. Craig is currently the CEO and founder of stealth-ish startup BetterWorks.