Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Lean Remove Michigan
article thumbnail

One Hand Clapping – Entrepreneurship In Ann Arbor, Michigan

Steve Blank

I spent a few days in March in Ann Arbor Michigan as a guest of Professor Thomas Zurbuchen , Associate Dean for Entrepreneurial Programs, and Doug Neal , Director of Center for Entrepreneurship in the Engineering School at the University of Michigan. A Lack of a Startup Culture in the Community. Not My Problem.

Michigan 309
article thumbnail

Why Capital Factory?

Austin Startup

Signs of the frenzy include an increase in Startup Buses from one to six this year, a busload of MBA students from Michigan who are out to networks with startups, and recent tech investor Ashton Kutcher making an appearance at the Foursquare party. I posed this question to FamigoGames co-founder Q Beck. Some of them will.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Consider Daniel Dreymann, a founder of Goodmail Systems Inc., Mr. Dreymann moved his family from Israel in 2004 after co-founding Goodmail in Mountain View, Calif., and Verizon Communications Inc. Harley Goes Lean to Build Hogs. Breaking Up (With a Co-Founder) Is Hard to Do. Replay the event. Comcast Corp.,

article thumbnail

US Economic Risks (Sept 2010): Impact on Investors & Entrepreneurs

Both Sides of the Table

We’re still caught in the “post recession bounce” : What’s happening is that the angel & VC community is still feeling good from having bounced back from the nadir of the famous “ RIP Good Times ” funk that we felt in 2008. 45% of all unemployed people have been looking for jobs 6 months or more – this is unprecedented.