Remove Colorado Remove Community Remove Lean Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

The trick is we use the same Lean LaunchPad / I-Corps curriculum — and the same class structure – experiential, hands-on– driven this time by a mission -model not a business model. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while being challenged to solve some of the toughest problems.”.

Lean 394
article thumbnail

17 Venture Capital Blogs You Should Be Reading

Up and Running

But, getting in the doors of a Sand Hill Road VC in Silicon Valley can be an incredibly difficult undertaking. Eric Ries of The Lean Startup has called Andrew Chen’s blog “one of the best entrepreneurship blogs of all time.” Brad Feld is a managing director at Foundry Group in Boulder, Colorado. andrewchen.co.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Startup Communities – Building Regional Clusters

Steve Blank

How to build regional entrepreneurial communities has just gotten it’s first “here’s how to do it” book. Feld’s thesis is that unlike the common wisdom, it is entrepreneurs that lead a startup community while everyone else feeds the community. These events are a good proxy for the health and depth of a startup community.

Community 334
article thumbnail

Teaching Lean Innovation in the Pandemic

Steve Blank

A subsegment of those instructors – those trying to teach Lean LaunchPad, whether in I-Corps, or Hacking for Defense – have an additional burden of figuring out how to teach a class that depends on students getting out of the building and talking to 10 to 15 customers a week. Here’s what we learned. And so it began.

Lean 421
article thumbnail

23 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Entrepreneurship

Hearpreneur

By being both agile and lean in development and management, we can weed out all the frustration that exists in larger companies. Having fenced in his youth, my husband found a fencing community in Silicon Valley and began to train again. Soon I realized that there was a need inside the community.

article thumbnail

Epitaph for an Entrepreneur « Steve Blank

Steve Blank

In hindsight this list looks pretty organized but in reality we made it up as we went along, accompanied with all the husband and wife struggles of being married and trying to raise a family in Silicon Valley. Most Silicon Valley startups have great policies for having your dog at work but not your kids.) Long vacations.

article thumbnail

Learning from Obama: maneuver warfare on the campaign trail

Startup Lessons Learned

But nothing Ive read so far really does justice to what I witnessed in Colorado and Nevada. In the small field office that I volunteered at in Colorado, here was the rhythm of our daily existence. Democrats didnt have a great voter database to start with, because Colorado had only recently become part of their electoral strategy.