article thumbnail

Lies Entrepreneurs Tell Themselves « Steve Blank

Steve Blank

Filed under: Customer Development , Family/Career , Technology | Tagged: Steve Blank , Entrepreneurs , Tips for Startups « Am I a Founder? If you are ever interested in sharing your message with the start-up community in Atlanta, I would be more than happy to help. The Adventure of a Lifetime. Reply Michael F.

article thumbnail

Episode 5 on Sirius XM Channel 111: Pete Newell, John Kuhn, Matt Weingart, Takashi Tsutsmi and Masato Iino

Steve Blank

. — — — Matt Weingart is a program development manager in the Strategic Development Office at the Department of Energy’s Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. He connects the Lab with the defense user community. Takashi and Masato founded Learning Entrepreneur’s Lab (LEL) in 2014.

Channel 120
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Welcome to the Lost Decade (for Entrepreneurs, IPO’s and VC’s)

Steve Blank

The collapse of the IPO market and dysfunctional math in the venture capital community has stacked the odds against you. The size of the red bars (IPO’s) versus blue (mergers and acquisitions) illustrates that while venture-backed startups did get acquired, the IPO market was booming. Here’s why. Source: NVCA.). Free At Last.

article thumbnail

The Leading Cause of Startup Death – Part 1: The Product.

Steve Blank

This series of posts is a brief explanation of how we’ve evolved from Product Development to Customer Development to the Lean Startup. The Product Development Diagram Emerging early in the twentieth century, this product-centric model described a process that evolved in manufacturing industries.

article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

A good mentor is someone who has been part of the startup community themselves – someone who has a realistic understanding of some of the basic dos and don’ts of starting up. And I’m sure they won’t mind community college either. You don’t need many – one or two to begin. Andrew Holt I love these kinds of articles.