article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

bizthoughts.mikelee.org

BizThoughts Thoughts about business, technology, the web & entrepreneurship About Booklist Contact Nov 15 2011 Finding a Technical Cofounder By Mike Lee Categories: Entrepreneurship , Leadership Since I have a technical background, I get about one offer a month to join some engineering team, or to be a technical cofounder.

article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

startupbaltimore.org

Finding a Technical Cofounder by Mike Subelsky on September 17, 2010 Advice View Comments Over the past 18 months I’ve had the same conversation with about ten entrepreneurs looking to start a software-based business. As Dave Troy put it, it all boils down to this: “In Entrepreneurial Ecosystems, Cofounders Find You!&#

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. Our categorization is not a technical one. This structure allows for alignment on the front end, and real-time flexibility for performance metrics,” says Samira Salman , a family office investor and advisor. . Lower level of community familiarity.

article thumbnail

Mentoring the mentors: Advice and inspiration for startup mentors

siliconflorist.com

Last year around the time PIE was starting, David Cohen , cofounder of TechStars , shared the TechStars Mentor Manifesto. Distributed Systems Software Engineer. Technical Support -- Key Accounts Manager. Technical Writer. Community Manager. Search for: July 3rd, 2012. by Rick Turoczy. 3 Comments. Email Address.

article thumbnail

Should You Share Equity with Consultants?

www.inc.com

Join our community. Advisor. ); STARTUP. Chip Morse , cofounder and partner with Morse, Barnes-Brown & Pendleton P.C., Get powerful communication & collaboration tools to help grow your business. CDW your 1-stop resource for configuration, activation & distribution. ); Login or signup. Welcome | Logout.

article thumbnail

The Ultimate Inventor’s Guide to Inventing Things

Up and Running

So, if I were going to invent something, I’d probably start by creating an affordable jeweler’s workbench, not least because I’d be able to test it, and because I already know all the distribution channels I’d need to hit in order to sell it. They even have a community and a marketplace.

article thumbnail

Why Startups Fail - 20 Top Reasons Gleaned from 32 Startup Failure Post-Mortems

www.chubbybrain.com

In their startup post-mortem, Nouncer discussed their decision to be in NY as one that hurt their company stating : In my case, New York didn’t lack money, community, able workers, or smart people with good advice. Discord with a cofounder was one of the most fatal issues for a company. 13 – Disharmony with Investors/Co-founders.