article thumbnail

How to Get Funding for a Business

Up and Running

Some government agencies, business development centers, business incubators, and similar organizations will be tied into the investment communities in your area. Turn first to your local Small Business Development Center (SBDC), which is most likely associated with your local community college. Commercial lenders. Other lenders.

SBA 161
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Share How They Prepare for a Bad Economy

Hearpreneur

A great product or service is not enough to make your business stand out, but your reputation can be what convinces customers to pick you over your competition. At Bead Nova, we prioritize communicating and listening to their issues and resolving them. Thanks to Linda Chavez, Seniors Life Insurance Finder !

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

A Guide to Funding a Business in the U.K.

Up and Running

Often, allocation of grant funding has to be linked to local community-orientated activities too, and the businesses geared toward helping people or providing vital services in specific locations are most likely to be selected. Business Grants. As well as having a local focus, grants available to businesses in the U.K. at present.

article thumbnail

ProfessorVC: Watch Out for the Red W(h)ine

Professor VC

However, the individual above was adamant that we should have a PR campaign to let the entrepreneurial community know that we dont participate or support this practice. Im also a strong believer that your track record and reputation are your most valuable assets in the venture community. When are we obligated to pay?

article thumbnail

Transcript of Using Technology to Build Connections in the Real World

Duct Tape Marketing

I saw what Sally Hogshead did with Fascinate and what Gallup did, and Tom Rath with Strength Finder. And of course, people I’ve met have read the book, so I get some followers just based on reputation. Tell us about that. Dan Schawbel: Yeah. I always wanted to do an assessment for my book. And I was very inspired by them.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Use Technology to Create Real-World Connections

Duct Tape Marketing

I saw what Sally Hogshead did with Fascinate and what Gallup did, and Tom Rath with Strength Finder. And of course, people I’ve met have read the book, so I get some followers just based on reputation. Tell us about that. Dan Schawbel: Yeah. I always wanted to do an assessment for my book. And I was very inspired by them.