Remove .Net Remove Community Remove Software Engineering Remove Software Review
article thumbnail

Lessons Learned from a Software Developer’s First Attempt at Launching a Startup

Software By Rob

Karl is a software engineer with more than 10 years of experience who specializes in agile web development and web services integrations. He authors a software development blog at [link]. There comes a time in a software developer’s career where they reach a crossroads and ask themselves, “What next?

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

The right sort of person is so passionate about coding, they can’t be stopped from doing it. Now let me clarify — NET is a dandy language. ” Don’t get me wrong: NET on your resume isn’t an instant showstopper. Skill is harder, but really only requires hard work — a lot of people can get that.

Java 107
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Software Product Myth

Software By Rob

Software by Rob Passionate about Startups and MicroISVs Lessons Learned by a Serial Entrepreneur home about press micropreneurs archives ← I’m in a Book! Most developers start as salaried employees, slogging through code and loving it because they never imagined a job could be challenging, educational, and downright fun.

article thumbnail

So you say you want to be a Product Manager …?

Austin Startup

TL;DR Product management is a unique and poorly understood discipline, especially as it applies to software and other tech-related companies. While supporting the LGBTQIA+ community at-large is a personal interest of mine , I must admit that my attendance at this most-recent ROMBA event was purely motivated by self-interest.

article thumbnail

Why Crunch Modes Doesn't Work: Six Lessons

www.igda.org

Thousands of people around the net participated in a vast, spontaneous discussion that explored issues like mandatory overtime, productivity, job portability, laziness, unionization, lawsuits and the general evil of corporations. Ive spent 20 years developing and managing software projects. The next few hours tend to be our best ones.

article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Did Prior to Starting Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

He also didn’t believe in supporting the community and supporting local organizations through our skills. More importantly, we continue to help the community through pro-bono projects, supporting non-profits and charitable campaigns, and giving back where and when we can. #5 Six years in business later, we continue to grow.