Remove 2004 Remove Community Remove Reputation Remove Viral
article thumbnail

LinkedIn's Series B Pitch to Greylock: Pitch Advice for Entrepreneurs

reidhoffman.org

What I’ve honorably been able to do, however, is share the deck I used to pitch LinkedIn to Greylock for a Series B investment back in 2004. the consumer internet landscape in 2004 vs. today. In 2004, the consumer internet was just beginning to rebound. In 2004, investors regained interest in the consumer internet again.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide. In fact, the open source community can learn a lot from Microsoft in terms of backward compatibility and tools for productivity. same thing goes for the majority of the Java community).NET

Java 107
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

16 Common Mistakes Young Startups Make

mashable.com

In fact, recent research shows that 75% of startups fail (based on a study of 2,000 startups that received VC funding from 2004 to 2010). But dont underestimate the importance of achieving a basic threshold of "this looks good (and reputable)." Assuming Virality. "A Services dont spontaneously go viral.

Cofounder 111
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #5, ANA Therapeutics: a possible COVID-19 treatment and prophylactic

Startup Lessons Learned

51:36) Scientific background on niclosamide, what we know about how it works to stop viral replication. (52:48) (39:06) Differences between potential drug treatments that haven't panned out and niclosamide. (40:35) 40:35) The importance of well-controlled clinical data in trials before recommending usage. (43:26)