Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Java Remove Software Development
article thumbnail

Choosing a Programming Language and Framework for Your Startup

SoCal CTO

Some common themes from the discussion: Know Where You Are Going Before you can possibly make a choice around language and framework you need to ask all the important questions that are talked about in Startup Software Development – Do Your Homework Before You Develop Anything and Startup CTO or Developer.

Framework 330
article thumbnail

Skills Development in Africa: How Wide is the Skills Gap?

Transformify

Nairobi, the capital of Nigeria, is often pointed out as the birth place of the so-called Silicon Savanah which gave the rise to the Africa’s tech scene between 2007 and 2010. Commenced in July 2017, The Youth Enterprise Development Fund provides start-up loans to help young entrepreneurs fund their businesses at a very early stage.

Africa 75
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What is Drupal? or, My retraining in Software Development

Scalable Startup

But, there is a serious gap in the discipline, number of developers and community around real software development here. Drupal works at all levels of software development. Then last year I decided to re-educate myself in software development, but this time as a regular ol’ coder.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

You can measure this yourself: go to any list of startups, maybe look at YCombinator’s recent graduate class , or Scoble’s list of picks for 2010 , or Sequoia’s list of seed companies — or go find a list you like better. I’m sorry if that sounds offensive, but that’s a simple fact. Alcides Fonseca.

Java 107
article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

Derek Sivers about me blog books email list contact How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen 2010-06-19 Do you have an idea for a website, online business, or application, but need a programmer to turn that idea into reality? © 2010 Derek Sivers comments Pam Mark Hall (2010-06-19) # Derek, Yes,Yes,Yes! Thanks you!

article thumbnail

What The Rails Security Issue Means For Your Startup

www.kalzumeus.com

Kalzumeus Software. Patrick McKenzie (patio11) blogs on software development, marketing, and general business topics. Other startups don’t but, like the Rails community, may one day find themselves asking What Do We Do When Apocalyptically Bad Things Happen On Our Framework of Choice? Mostly, I sell software.

Security 101