Remove 2016 Remove Community Remove Technical Cofounder Remove Technology
article thumbnail

The Entrepreneur’s Essentials: Afterword (by Bob Campbell)

Austin Startup

Brett started his career in technology development at a large global management and was a very strong performer. Brett built a successful track record of building advanced technology companies including the Web analytics firm Coremetrics and the social commerce firm Bazaarvoice. He jokes today that he is still not sure!

article thumbnail

Opportunity Hub Partners with Capital Factory To Bridge Opportunity Gap

Austin Startup

Pre-swag surf group photo of HBCU@SXSW students and Spike Lee at Capital One House Over the past several years, tech communities across the United States have attempted to make significant progress towards increasing diversity and inclusion in their industries. In 2016, OHUB pioneered HBCU@SXSW at SXSW. Placement is 90%!

Partner 55
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Announcing Multicoin Capital

Austin Startup

But we got serious in early 2016 when we developed deep conviction around the immense technical vision of Ethereum. We doubled down on our Ethereum bet through the DAO crisis during Summer 2016. We provide 3 forms of value for investors: 1) Primary research — we take a technology-first approach to crypto. Factom, Inc.

article thumbnail

Why are Revenue-Based VCs investing in so many women & underrepresented founders?

David Teten

This includes companies that would meet most institutional definitions for impact investing (women, minority, and veteran owned/run businesses, including LMI (“Low to Moderate Income”) and CRA (“Community Reinvestment Act”) qualified companies. Less need for a belief in breakthrough technology. of venture capital deals.

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

15 Female Entrepreneurs Share What Changes They Would Most Like to See in Their Industry

Hearpreneur

I am a session singer and producer, and I wish clients and peers would give me more of an opportunity to work in the technical side of the business (such as mixing and editing). Successful women in the investment community need to be on the lookout for them and support them by funding, giving access to resources or simple advising.

article thumbnail

Venture Capital Funding and the Sexism You Can’t Quite Prove

Up and Running

“In a lot of the industries in which I ended up launching companies, there was a pre-existing profile of what a successful entrepreneur should look like—typically a young, white male with a technical, finance, or political background,” says Aguirre de Carcer. In 2016, women were the recipients of 4.94 percent of the VC funding, or 1.46

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

So universities have realized that for many students, promising a career in technology and entrepreneurship is key to recruiting high potential students. Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Everyone wants to work in tech startups.