Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove LP Remove Private Equity
article thumbnail

New Meetup on Building Tech Tools for Private Equity+VC Investors

David Teten

I’ve just launched a new Meetup and online community I’m heading up with David. Our meetup is focused on how to use technology to enhance investing in private markets, including VC, growth, buyout, and distressed. Engineers, product managers, and platform managers building tech solutions for private market investing.

article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

Managers of VC funds typically want to grow their business aggressively, just like the founders we back. Among the sites we have found most helpful with practical guides for founders: Biztree , First Search , Foundersuite , Goodwin Founders Workbench , Guides.co , Inc.com , and StartupRocket. .

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund and mutual fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. Signal is a fundraising tool for founders run by NFX Guild, which identifies the most relevant VCs for you. . But we’re doing it slowly. Pitchbot.vc 3) Originate investments.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. . To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . The 11 Steps of Investing in Private Companies. 1) Manage the firm .

article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. This essay is part of a series on alternative VC: I: Revenue-Based Investing: a new option for founders who care about control.

Equity 78
article thumbnail

2022 Predictions

Eric Friedman

This is already happening, but there will be an explosion of rolling funds, operator angels, and micro investors who want to co-invest in friends, companies, and cohorts they are a part of. Maybe the founders are the micro VCs we have been waiting for? 7/ SaaS roll-ups and micro-private equity become huge.

article thumbnail

What’s Your VC Tech Stack? Results from a Survey of Early-Stage VC Funds

David Teten

As a globally focused LP in early stage VC funds, we at Blue Future Partners have observed a growing trend of firms investing substantially in software tools, whether developing proprietary solutions or adopting off the shelf tools. However, 87% of our respondents don’t actively participate in any such community.