Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Nigeria Remove Partner
article thumbnail

Vote Local, Austin: 18 SXSW panels featuring Austinites that deserve your PanelPicker vote

Austin Startup

Support the ATX Startup Community by voting for this selection of panels featuring Austinites. Once submitted, the community is allowed to chime in and vote on what topics capture their interest. Once submitted, the community is allowed to chime in and vote on what topics capture their interest. We reached out to the M.io

Austin 48
article thumbnail

10+ Trends: Recap of 2011 and What’s Next…

thebarefootvc

Women Rising: Microfinance institutions have known for years that women have higher repayment rates than men and that women are more likely to invest the borrowed capital back into their families and local communities. Kiva co-founder Jessica Jackley’s latest venture Profounder is one platform that could power these transactions.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

My co founder Jonathan Hill realised how important good food was due to his father passing away from eating poorly. My partners and I founded Reel Paper with the goal of adding the positive experience of social responsibility to the simple e-comm purchase of a household staple: toilet paper. Photo Credit: Michelle Sievwright.

article thumbnail

Why International Startups Love NY, and NY VCs Love International Startups

David Teten

Tim Schumann, Founder & CEO, Buddy Ventures , highlights that typically less investment capital is required to get into foreign startups at the same stage of development as a comparable US startup. . Founders’ determination. If you want to start selling abroad, an international founder is an advantage.