article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

background I wanted to serve our community with I.T. Our name was created based on – we’re originally from the south “Memphis, TN” and we started the company in the “sunshine state of Florida” which led us to create our name “ Southern Sunshine.” 19- From a conversation with the captain of a ferry boat. Coming from an I.T.

Naming 84
article thumbnail

SXSW Pitch Finalist: Plantible Foods

Austin Startup

Tony Martens , Co-Founder at Plantible Foods, talked about what he thinks overhyped might mean, why he admires the CEO of Memphis Meats, and why he’d worry about loneliness on Mars. I recently had the opportunity to meet Uma Valeti , the founder and CEO of Memphis Meats, who has also become an advisor to our company.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

When choosing Austin’s next City Manager, find a tech-forward candidate

Austin Startup

Prior to this, she was the interim Executive Director of the Memphis Housing Authority. ATA believes its essential for the next City Manager to leverage technology to help solve community challenges — and if you agree, let your Council Member know! Maura Sullivan serves as the Chief Operating Officer for the City of Chattanooga.

article thumbnail

Webinar Recap: Create a Business with Your Art (Q&A with Ann Rea)

Up and Running

I’m the Community Manager for Bplans.com. Ann: It’s a young woman in Memphis, Tennessee, who is a children’s portrait painter. You don’t know how to engage in a conversation. You don’t know how to ask questions or take turns in conversation. My name is Jonathan Michael. Jonathan: Okay.

article thumbnail

Civil Rights 50th Year Anniversary - A Trip to Remember

Seeing Both Sides

The things we saw, the people we met, the conversations we had as a family inspired me tremendously. Finally, we drove to Memphis and visited the Lorraine Hotel where MLK was tragically assassinated. It prompted conversations with our kids about the modern issues of income inequality. The trip was overwhelming and moving.